With the continuous promotion of urban gas pipeline network construction.
- The construction and application of PE polyethylene gas pipelines in the gas pipeline network are also gradually increasing. It has the advantages of less pollution, relatively low cost, and convenient construction.
- However, we often encounter a problem: In the positioning and detection of the pipeline network, we cannot accurately grasp the buried pipeline.
- For this reason, in the construction of PE polyethylene gas pipeline, we often introduce the tracer line methodto solve its detection problems.
- We will summarize its advantages and disadvantages in theoretical analysis and construction practice.
- In this regard, we will give some suggestions for PE gas pipelines in the construction of urban gas pipeline network below.
Firstly, Necessity and characteristics of tracer line construction of gas pipeline network.
Because PE polyethylene gas pipe has the characteristics:
- Strong corrosion resistance
- Non-conductive and non-magnetic
This brings problems to the detection of specific locations and depths.
The introduction of tracer lines during construction can effectively provide convenient orientation and other information for future engineering renovations or third-party construction detection.
Therefore, we widely use tracer wire in the construction of the gas pipeline network at this stage.
Starting from the detection principle of the tracer line of the gas pipeline network.
Mainly with the help of electromagnetic field theory. When a current is present in an energized conductor, the tracer wire forms an electromagnetic field centered on the conductor.
We can judge the magnetic field through the detector. Accordingly, we can determine the corresponding position information.
To sum up, there are two main methods for detecting tracer lines of PE pipes:
1. Active source method
2. Passive source method
An active source generates an electromagnetic field by applying a current directly on the tracer. We can determine the position information of the tracer line from the position of the detected electromagnetic field.
Advantages: less interference, strong signal, accurate detection structure.
Disadvantage: We need to set tracer wire as a bare point.
The passive source law is by emitting an alternating electromagnetic field.
Wait for it to induce current in the tracer.
The induced current then creates an electromagnetic field.
By detecting the location information of the second electromagnetic field, we can determine the location of the gas pipeline network.
Advantages: simple operation, tracer wire is in exposed position.
Disadvantages: There is a lot of interference, the signal is weak, and the surrounding metal can easily interfere with the detection results